Would you like to present at our next conference?
13th Annual Northern Colorado Writers Conference is May 4 & 5, 2018, Fort Collins Marriott.
[We are now closed for proposals for our 2018 conference.] Please email proposals to Director April Moore between June 1 and August 31 for the following year's conference. You may submit several proposed sessions in one email. It's recommended you submit more than one proposed session, as we often have presenters teach two 1-hour classes/workshops. Sessions are one hour long and because we cater to a variety of genres, we consider proposals for the following topics:
All types of fiction
Creative nonfiction (memoir, essays, magazine writing)
The business of writing:
Query letters, proposals, synopses
Publishing industry and the various options
Got something else unique you'd like to pitch? We'd love to hear it.
Please send a detailed proposal that includes the following:
- Session title
- Lecture or workshop?
- Session description
- Session objective
- Session outline
- Required presentation needs (projector/screen, whiteboard, etc)
- If applicable, include links to any previous presentations and 3-5 references
- Bio, headshot, and contact information
Our goal is to create a well-rounded conference of high-quality content that aims to educate, encourage, and inspire writers of all levels and genres. We will respond to your proposal by September 15.
What we provide for conference presenters:
- Conference registration fee, includes all sessions and meals
- Presenter Dinner on Thursday before the conference
- Presenter Dinner on Saturday after the conference
- Lodging (out of town presenters)
- Transportation from/to DIA
- Space in our Conference Bookstore
- Marketing opportunities
- Honorarium (keynote speakers)
- Airfare (keynote speakers, agents, and editors only)
- Pages in our conference program for bio, promotional page, and session handouts