Description: NCW is excited to announce a new mixed-genre anthology exploring the concepts of change, renewal, and rebirth. When things change, we experience a variety of emotions—from anger and fear to courage and hope. There is struggle and strife, but also the opportunity to rise from the ashes and create, grow, and love. Whether your specialty is poetry, fiction, or nonfiction, take us through the good, the bad, and the ugly of change.
You may submit:
- Short stories
- Narrative nonfiction/memoir
Entry fee (per submission):
- NCW Members: $5 (Member-only entry form accessible by logging into NCW website)
- Non-NCW Members: $15 (open to the public via Submittable)
Deadline: Submissions will be accepted March 1-May 1, 2019
- Multiple submissions are allowed. A non-refundable entry fee will be charged for each submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please notify us if your entry is published elsewhere before selection so we can remove it from the competition.
- Short stories and creative nonfiction/memoir submissions must be between 2,000-5,000 words.
- Up to 3 poems may be submitted per entry. Poetry submissions should not exceed 10 total pages.
- All pages should be formatted using Times New Roman or similar font, 12 pt. font with 1” margins. Submissions should be a single .doc, .docx or .pdf file format.
- Sections of larger works are not allowed. Each submission must be complete on its own.
- All submissions must be original works and cannot have been published elsewhere.
- Blind submission: Your name MUST NOT appear anywhere on the submission. We will collect your contact information in the submission form.
All publication decisions made by the selection committee are final
Rights & Compensation
- We ask first rights. A year after publication, rights will revert to the author and you’ll be free to reprint your story as you see fit.
- Authors selected for publication will receive a $50 payment per selected piece for their work, as well as two contributor copies once the publication is released for sale.
Submissions open on March 1, 2019 via Submittable.